Thursday, October 2, 2014

Weekly words...

Well, not the big things, of course... But it sure soothes the soul, especially in a pretty mug or cup. I like big mugs because they hold a lot and they keep it hot! Plus.. A nice big mug, all steamy, fits perfectly in the eye socket area to dispel a little morning headache. I think I heard that first from a dear friend! Coffee does even better!



Back to hot weather for a few days. That's typical Missouri weather. We took two trips Friday and Saturday. Had to return to Amish country to score some tomatoes. Mom and I will be sad to see the big red, homegrown jewels end.



Then yesterday was too pretty to stay in, so we hit Macon Lake with a little picnic lunch. Gorgeous!
However, to be an uptodate weather reporter, I must add that today began with red skies... And then one storm after another! Right now lightning and thunder and hard, hard rains. So I had to do it.. It was impossible to resist. Made a big pot of chili for supper! I'm a super messy cook, so...no, you won't be seeing my stove after I cooked!
I'll leave with this thought. So true!






2 comments:

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

"Red sky in the morning, sailors take warning."

"Red sky at night, sailor's delight."

:-)

Happy October,
Tessa~
"Here there be musing" blog

GCamden said...

Love your photos. Enjoy that chili!