Saturday, May 10, 2014

Best Friends

So... Whoosh! Our dear ones will be gone to the airport early Sunday morning, such a short visit.. Happy hugs, little smiles, goodbye bear hugs...... and a few tears...just a few.

 

Thursday night. Friday night. Good little visit. Say what you must, but Facebook has managed to help keep us connected. We see little glimpses of the life they live in Dublin, and he gets a touch of "home." There is a long, long history of friendship between this young man and my son. They were friends like "brothers from another mother" buddies their whole little boy, teen, now adult life. Some truly sad and unfortunate circumstances befell this young teen, and one day he came to our house and stayed all night on a visit... Then another night. I don't remember a formal event that signaled the official decision, but he moved in to stay! And we were so happy to welcome him to our homes, our Christmases, our family. He has nice parents, but I claim him, too.

When he married his online sweetheart, from the Emerald Isle, we hugged goodbye and keep in touch, but this was our first real live visit. We love her, too! She's beautiful, sassy, another family member of the heart

Look! Sweets from a delicious Dublin chocolatier! Oh, yes, there are always gifts and goodies! Stay tuned for a peek at the gifts for Mama and me.

 

I know we will have other visits, but I'm not sure when... But when I hear the word "Dublin," my heart has to smile.. For a couple parts of it have a little home and a "wee dog" named Archie there on its streets...

 

 

Goodnight! My sweet bed is calling my name...

 


 

1 comment:

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

delightful visit... sparking many delightful memories...

hope you slept tight. i'm sure you did.

hugs....