Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Flirting...

It's the funniest year ever...  Already little jonquils have stuck their pretty yellow faces in our view, and yet the air has a chilly core to it, nights are still in the 30's, and even the sunshine is welcome, but tentative.

Everyone seems completely giddy for warmth, more than I ever remember, as if winter had bullied us and stolen part of our confidence.

I'm one who desperately tries to let the weather be...whatever it is, it is... Since it's a natural force beyond all human control...  But as an observer of behavior, a teacher, it's something I do by habit...observe people.   And I'd say Missourians and several others are kowtowing to the zephyrs and squalls, frosts and first attempts at flirting with Lady Spring... She's playing hard to get.

I'm happy Easter comes later this year, so we have plenty of time to enjoy the presence of bunnies, little fuzzy chicks, and frosted eggs. Here are some of the little creatures who have decided to flitter, hop, and creep into all the nooks and crannies here in the living room at Meadow Lane. They have invaded the entire house, but I'll save the rest of them for another day...


















Mom has been battling some wicked knee pain, and I finally was tagged by the obnoxious flu bug who bit almost all my friends through the winter...  Not floored, but definitely glad for the days free to stay home with Vick, my one true love. Vick... Oh, Vick.... You know him too...  Mr. Victor Vaporrub.......  Bwaaa haaa haaa!


5 comments:

bj said...

Yes, this time of year makes it hard to know what to wear.
Hope you and your mom both feel better soon.

NanaDiana said...

Oh- what a terrible year for colds. I was really knocked down two weeks ago and am still battling a cold.

It's hard to believe it is well into April and still so cold here- ugh. Hope you and your Mom are both doing well- xo Diana

From My Country Sunrise said...

love all your pretties~~Guess what few I have out will do this year~My tote is buriedin the nest of Christmas~Loved our evening together always so fun and we will do again soon!Better feeling I hope for you both today!!HUGS!!

Jeanette said...

Love all your antique looking goodies and your way with words.

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

Yeahhhhhhh, not wise to flirt with Mother Nature. ,-) She's in control, and if having a "bad hair day," she might just zapppp the flirters. ,-)

Everyone has so much Easter fun decorations out. And I don't have a bit. Since Valentine's Day, I've lost all decoration zeal.

Sorry for your mom's pain. And for you getting caught by the flu bug. That's rude!!!!! It's April, already! -sob- -sigh- -mumble- -moan- -whimper-

Get alll better!!!!!!!