Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pineapples, Paleo, Sundogs, and Sleet

Just enjoyed a day with family.. My son and a friend were here for a nice Paleo lunch.. Balsamic grilled chicken, carrots, fried cabbage, baked sweet and Irish potatoes, salad, and sautèed black olives and mushroom. For a Valentine treat we had fresh pineapple.

At the end of the day... My sister/cousin called with the news of a sun halo, a sundog. My son ran outside just in time and took this gorgeous photo... Forecast for freezing rain and more wintry mess mix.  Just so everyone is safe.


2 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Wow! That is a great photo. Looks like you had quite a feast. I am glad your son and friend were there to enjoy it with you- xo Diana

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

Hooray for the Paleo lunch. If it's Paleo, it's healthy!!!!

Gorgeous photo!!!!! Simply gorgeous.

So a sun dog is that effect, which we see in your picture.... I didn't know.

Oh sigh... Freezing rain... I do dislike Freezing Rain. Be warm and safe...