Thursday, April 25, 2013

Ups and Downs of a Day in Spring...

Well, today's temperature and climate are surprising cold, beautiful, and invigorating.  We have so much going on here at school, and I did an overnight cooking spree again!  This time I'm thinking it was for me because I made a lovely little Tortellini Salad, and my mom isn't much of a tortellini person...  My mom loves the sweet or the "crunch" and tortellini is neither!

Great News!  Our Academic Bowl team  is headed for State Competition.  I'm thrilled for them, and I believe it is a FIRST!  Those kids are amazing!

Officially had a little blunder this morning.  I had a nasty fall coming out my door.  My ankle twisted, and I fell into a table and cracked my head on the floor...  I kind of thought I would just sit there for the rest of the today...  Haha..  but after a few minutes I got up and limped to the car...  I begged an ice pack from Coach, and I think I'll survive!  My biggest problem is determining which "boo boo" I want to ice...  I voted for the ankle...  It has a little tennis ball size swelling going on....  I had new shoes, which I blame...  So I'm sending them back.  Fifty bucks will be fun to deposit in my account.  I literally took three steps in them, and because the soles are like air but they have a little wedge, I lost my footing and rolled the ankle..  I guess...



Well, back to the salad...  Here's how I made it:  I boiled the tortellini (purchased from Schwan) and a few grated carrots (bought precut in the bag).  I added them to two ribs of celery, diced small, and half an onion, minced, a tsp. of crushed garlic, salt and pepper..  Then I poured over it my favorite creamy Italian dressing and about a 1/4 c. shake of Parmesan from a jar...  I loved it warm, and I can't wait for lunch because I brought a little container...  cold!

Have a fun day...

2 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Your salad sounds wonderful. I am so sorry about you ankle. I have rolled mine a couple of times and it is NO fun- xo Diana

20 North Ora said...

Sorry about your fall. Shoes nowadays just aren't made for me. They are too dangerous and at my age the long term injuries are too much. LOL The salad sounds great. Take it easy.

Judy