It seems as if these last few days are not moving by very well, so last night in literally the middle of the night (1 a.m) I decided to get upstairs and bake my mom a pan of cinnamon rolls for breakfast. By the time I got upstairs (all four of them) and looked at the clock, I decided it was later (earlier) than I imagined, so I went the Bisquick route...
Here at school this morning I had an extra special little treat. A dear cousin I never get to see popped his head in my clasroom door. It was so fun to have that little visit before he had to leave. Don't you love it when years disappear and you speak to someone as if you just finished a conversation a few minutes before... I think that happens often with good friends, family... compadres of the heart. Once a couple of cousins share a grandmother and grandfather such as we did... time cannot erase the bonds.
Make your day special... Get in touch with someone dear or bake a little batch of decadent cinnamon Bisquick rolls... or anything will do...
Bisquick Cinnamon Rolls
- 1/2 c. Granulated suga
- mixed with 2
- teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2
- cups Original Bisquick® mix
- 1/2 - 2/3
- cup Sprite
- tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 c. tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
Glaze -- optional
- cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoons milk
- 1 Heat oven to 375°F. Grease bottom and sides of 9x9-inch pan. In small bowl, mix sugar and the cinnamon; set aside.
- 2 In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, Sprite and Cream Cheese until dough forms. If dough is too sticky, gradually mix in enough Bisquick mix (up to 1/4 cup) to make dough easy to handle. Turn dough onto surface well dusted with Bisquick mix; gently roll dough in Bisquick mix to coat. Shape into ball; knead 10 times.
- 3Roll dough into rectangle; spread with butter. Sprinkle evenly with sugar mixture. Roll up tightly. Seal well by pinching edge of dough into roll. Cut into 1 1/4-inch slices; place cut sides down in pan.
- 4Bake 23 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. Remove from pan.
- 5In medium bowl, mix powdered sugar and milk until smooth. Spread glaze over warm rolls.