Saturday, February 16, 2013

Weekend!

Today is bright and cold!  Mom and I went to see her cardiac doctor at Columbia yesterday.  We got a good report, stopped for a bite of supper, and came home to cozy in for a cold Saturday at home.  Laundry, removing the Valentine decorations, scrubbing my bathroom...  And hot chili simmering for lunch.  As Ree Drummond, Pioneer Woman, says, "It doesn't get any better than this!"....  Unless you count fixing lunch for my son tomorrow.

  He gave his granny the big pot of deep red tulips and sent those darling carnations to school for me.  My dear friends sent the lily, rose, and tulip bouquet on my desk...  And a really sweet coworker brought me the pink tulips you see on my desk by my teapot tea light...  On the tv you can also see Mom received a vase with those new Rainbow Roses....  Amazing.  All in all, we were floored by our sweet cards, gifts, handmade treats, sweets,....that huge card from my son!  It was a keeper of a Valentines Day!







No comments: