Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Robins, Hearts, and Morning..

Good Morning!  This early, dark morning I was sleeping soundly and warm whenever a thought came to mind...  "Wake up!"  I wished fervently for the clock to be in the 3 or 4 o'clock range, so I could have some more good sleeping time...  I looked at my new digital alarm, which also charges my phone or iPad...  (a gift from my son)....  and it was only 3:17....  Hallelujah!  But alas!  More sleep was just not to be for me today.

I was awake.  Firmly and happily awake.  Along about 4:45 I heard my mother get up, pop the tab on a fresh Diet Coke, and slip along through the house...  I gave up and got up for the day...  I did two loads of laundry, baked these lovely little brownie bundts, which we are giving in the pans as Valentines to a couple of dear ones, and rustled together the sack, trimmings, some delish coffees, a scrumptious candle from Good Neighbor Candles, and a valentine or two...

Then I popped into the shower, headed to Mickey D's for a latte, and swooped by my friend's house with coffee and her valentine gift..  The rest of the cakes are cooling...  Hers was super warm! On the way I saw a flock of robins..  My son recently saw a cardinal...  I think spring is coming early again.

Last night I came home to a wonderful surprise:   1-800!  Flowers!  My Sweetie sent me the most scrumptious bouquet of red and white tulip bulbs..  They are blooming out more and more...  Here are some early shots...

Isn't the vase spectacular?  I can see it all summer with blooms from our "garden."  (I'm dreaming about summer gardening...  I woke up before 4 a.m....  I got flowers yesterday!  The real me must have been replaced by elves in the night..)


Have a super good Day... Valentine's Eve....

No comments: