Saturday, December 29, 2012

Pioneer Woman

I have the luxury of writing notes to myself on my phone alarm...  I can remind myself to take a certain book to school, send a gift or card...  Say a prayer.  Once a week it says, "Saturdays are for accidental farm girls."   That's to remind me to rise and shine and watch Pioneer Woman.  Today she had a four episode marathon!  Sweet!  I like her because she is so real, she started as a blogger, her food is simple and scrumptious, and she loves her family first and foremost...  I like her blog, her generosity in so many contests and giveaways, and her zest for life and teasing...  I just think we could be friends...  She makes me want to be a better person in a "doing something real" sort of way...  But I don't feel bad about myself and defeated after each episode...




2 comments:

Becky K. said...

Her story is pretty cool. I remember a few years ago just as she was getting to be known I read the romance novel that is her life story. I was totally immersed in it the entire afternoon as I recall. And that meant reading from the screen.
I don't watch her show...but I am sure I would love it.

Gayla said...

I think so. I read their story, too... Pretty nice to see couples like that and you guys... I like that.