Thursday, December 27, 2012

Movies, pizza, and friends....

Tonight some dear friends are coming down for some good times.  We plan to have pizza, cookies, homemade bread, and a movie.  Our choice is a classic that is hard to find directed by Sally Field and starring Andrew J. McCarthy.  The Christmas Tree....  It's a beautiful movie about the friendship between a young businessman and a nun....  Quite a heart-warmer.

I made graham cracker praline cookies....  Oh, my....  Little bites of Heaven.  I lined a cookie tin with parchment.  Then I laid out 25 graham cracker halves.  Then I boiled 2 sticks of butter and 1 cup of brown sugar for 3 minutes.  I added 1 cup chopped pecans and poured over crackers.  I spread out the topping carefully and baked at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.  Let cool.  Voila!







No comments: