Monday, December 10, 2012

Here it comes... a magical time of year...

At last our home is beginning to look like Christmas is coming.  My son helped me put up the tree yesterday.  We also finished the mantel, the dining room, and the kitchen gingerbread.  All over the house are several totes still full of beautiful holiday.  Mom and I decided not to break out all of them this year.  We are loving the look of the festive touches we have out, and we may have waited a bit late to start!!!!!.  I still want a few of her cherished SnowBabies out, and I also have to place carefully the beautiful Fontanini nativity.  Then, in the twinkling of Christmas magic, we will be ready to bake a little, continue our Hallmark movie marathon of Christmas films, and entertain family and friends...  oh, and let's not forget the wrapping.  I love the wrapping.  I always think of the Christmases at my house with the dining room table filled with wrappings and gifts, my son's little TV on a chair and Beauty and the Beast in the VCR...  That melody plays hauntingly in my mind, whether I actually have it on or not.  Now with the wonder of iTunes, a song as old as time can accompany me as I tape and tie and "do up" those little gifts...  Oh, baby...  two weeks...

No comments: