Monday, February 20, 2012

The Presidential (Day) Tour...


 Beautiful, bright blue day...  and we headed to easily the windiest, coldest city in Missouri, Kirksville!  I should know.  I spent my college years there.  We had not visited Kirksville in about a year, and the highway now skirts the city unless we turn off!  I wanted to see Thousand Hills Lake, my favorite spot in Kirksville (except campus, of course).
 We drove through the quiet, chilled Lake Resort, and we saw not one other soul out there this morning...  But the waters were dancing in the sunshine, Mom said...  and she was right.
 There is a nice little restaurant there on the lake, but it was closed for the season.  We didn't really want anything more than a small tour.  This was the lake famous for one October jaunt with my mother and grandmother in 1972...  I surprised them with a mystery tour because the leaves were amazingly vivid here against the lake and blue skies...  My grandmother saved large leaves on a string from that magical day.  I remember so well that I chose to stop at McDonald's and buy them each a two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, on a sesame seed bun --  BIG MAC.  They had never tasted one before; in fact, Mickey D's was relatively new to our area...  What a treat!
 Mom and I decided to go to Ruby Tuesdays...
 Their broccoli cheese soup is amazing...  She loves it.  I ordered grilled chicken green salad...  (They have the calories printed on the menu after the entree, for heaven's sake!)
 Last night in the middle of the night I added a Shady Peanut Lane page to Facebook and planned out my new online store..  My son is going to fix me up in the extremely near future.
 If you wish, you may "like" me on Facebook by following the link on the top right sidebar...  I'll let you know when my store officially opens..

For today we are home again...  In time for all the puttering I could imagine....  except now a little nappy sounds cool!

1 comment:

Your Sister said...

love your picutes! Finally got on here to look. I have been baking some more of those cookies to take to Iowa!!! Frying chicken for the Grad girls!!!! Love you!!!!!