Monday, January 16, 2012

A beautiful day for a ride...

 I am enchanted by old barns.  I just love the way they tower over the earth, a haven for animals, hay, equipment...  the farmers....  Even in ruin, I love them all...
 One of our good friends tells us she used to climb to the top of this huge, old barn near Paris, MO...  I can imagine the view as a child...  even now I would love to see from those little windows there near the rooftop.
-----------------------------------

This mansion is a mystery to me.  I have heard several stories about its origin, but they all seem to bear the idea of a dream home built by a city dweller in the heart of Missouri farmland...  It's pretty, but always few cars or trucks...
For my holiday off from school, many ideas come into mind for a fun excursion.  Mom and I decided to drive to Perry, MO, through the countryside from Shelbina...  Lots of pretty homes, barns, cattle on the hill...  It was so warm and sunny...  and we shut our ears to the predictions for freezing rain, sleet, and snow later on tonight...

I have a few plans for the evening, but none of them include much industry...  A nap sounds promising if I can sneak one in before sunset...  I have my candles lit for the evening, though, so probably I'll read a bit on my Beth Moore James study...  That's amazing grace for a weary woman...

Tomorrow is back to school if the weather doesn't grant us a snow day...  I wouldn't cry....

3 comments:

Becky K. said...

Sounds like a cozy evening.

I love barns too. I guess because of their stature they always seem to catch the sun's best rays morning and night.

Latane Barton said...

loved the barn. I, too, am fascinated with old barns, any barns. I played in one as a child so perhaps that is why I love them so... hanging on to childhood memories. Well, that's not such a bad thing, is it?

Ricki Treleaven said...

What a nice way to spend your break! I love Beth Moore studies, but I have not done the one on the book of James.