Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I'm back...

What has happened to my blogging?  Here it is, my favorite season, and I'm out enjoying the weather, snuggling in tonight with a candle, a cup of Earl Grey tea, and some lovely music....  the rain pelts on the green metal roof overhead, and I begin to think about school in the morning...

I love it when the time changes, and what used to be midnight is only eleven...  What once was up at six o'clock becomes seven...  It is one of my favorite times of year anyway, and then the gift of extra hours seems overly abundant.

I put out the Fontanini nativity figures today...  their colors blend well with the autumnal colors, and they begin to invite me into the true beauty of the holy season ahead.  While I was in the spirit, I set out Mom's carolers on a cabinet beside the fireplace...  and I replaced all the Halloween and oranges with muted white ironstone tea leaf, bittersweet, treenware, and pilgrim greys...  I just wasn't ready for Christmas yet...  even though I know it is right around the corner and my original thought was to decorate the mantel with old world Santas...  My Thanksgiving heart called to me, and I changed my mind...

I have been home a few days with the virus that has claimed so many of my students...  It's a pity to waste a sick day being ill, but I just didn't feel like doing anything except snoozing, drinking hot tea, and catching a glimpse here and there of television...  One program blurred into another there for a while.

It's now getting late and lovely/stormy outside...  Underneath the cloud cover, I understand the moon is nearly full...  She missed Halloween by a week, but the moon maiden will bless our Thanksgiving season with her charms..

What are you thankful for this year?  Family, yes...  always and forever.  Friends, of course...  they are wonderful...  and for the grace of God to give so abundantly to his children...  Amen..

No comments: