Saturday, April 2, 2011

Chasing the extraordinary

 At last, the beautiful weather and the weekends and the stars of health aligned, and Mom and I ventured forth today to search the countryside for spring beauty and some baked Amish delights for our Sunday dinner tomorrow...  The skies didn't disappoint...  The road ahead looked beautiful, and it was truly delightful weather.
 I surprised Mom with the idea of stopping at our favorite Farmer's Market.  They had pansies, so a few of them had to come home with us...  Tomorrow, rain abstaining, they will find themselves tucked into the pots outside the door...  For tonight, they sit by my computer for company.

 Mom loves pie.  I recently saw a sign in a little cafe that said "Pie fixes everything."  I think Mom agrees.  We found these fruit pies at a lovely Amish Bakery....  That's nearly the cost of a slice of pie at a restaurant....  And do you spy the buckeyes in the sack on the left?  They are for the Easter Bunny, Mom says.
At home our forsythia is ready to spring forth...  I can't wait to clear the ground for some early spring plantings...

2 comments:

Ricki Treleaven said...

I think pie does fix everything :D

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

My mom lives near Amish Country in Ohio. It is always nice to visit there during the summer. Pies and jam -- me oh my! :) Hope you are having a great weekend. Tammy