Saturday, February 12, 2011

A Valentine Day

 This was a wonderful day in my corner of the world..  The sun came out and thawed several inches of snow.  I can tell because now my little deer in the yard has his whole head peeking out from the snow instead of just the tips of his ears!!!  I have been working on Homemade Valentines from the Heart this year.  I made these turtles and put them in little petal papers I ordered from Etsy...  They came from Japan.

Mom and I had two parties today!  I was hoping for three, but I couldn't locate my friend in time..  My cousin came down for coffee and cherry cinnamon rolls in the morning, and then two friends were here for dessert after they went out to lunch..  I just couldn't face the slickness today...  I *ahem! slid my car into a huge snowbank yesterday on the way home and had to call for assistance from my cousin's hubby and my "almost" son...  They dug and pulled and finally got me out, but with the melting water on top of the ice, the whole landscape beams treachery to me...  I just loved staying in and made candy and cakes and decorated Valentines...  

I think I have become totally lazy lately when it comes to photographs...  I always have my new phone handy, and it takes fairly decent photos, so I have taken to snapping everything with it, uploading immediately to Facebook and then using them for the blog.  I don't think the quality is as good as my other camera, so I need to start using it again...  My gramma used to tell me to keep my feet of the "path of least resistance"...  I loved her sayings so much...
 I baked everyone a star cake with crystal sugar toppings in flavors of chocolate and strawberry.  My friend brought down Valentine Tea.  It is a delightful blend of chocolate and tea and roses.  I love it.
 I made several of my famous felt heart pillows and decorated them for my friends, my cousin, Mom, and my son's lady love.
 I put together  little Valentine treat baskets for everyone...
 Our new cheerful cardinal plates made the table quite wintry and celebratory...  And my cousin brought down the cutest wall banner she made me.  I absolutely love redwork.
Tomorrow is spaghetti and homemade bread and a little Valentine lunch for family...  Mr. Half Moon is shining through my west window, the bed is looking cozy and welcoming...  I think it has been a long day, and I will hop into it...  Love and charm to all...

2 comments:

Becky K. said...

You have been busy, Gayla. And so creative. Hope that is the last you see of a snow filled ditch.

Love that you can track the snow melt by the deer ornament in your yard. Cute!

Ricki Treleaven said...

Your cardinal plates are fantastic. We have two cardinal couples living in our backyard, and I love to watch them feeding from our bird feeder.