Sunday, December 26, 2010

A warm and happy memory... Christmas 2010

 Christmas 2010 is now a memory and a good one...  The day was spent with our dear family, and we enjoyed it so much.  White Christmases are so beautiful, and this one was no exception.  Today Mom and I fixed some chili for my son and his lady love...  We just visited and laughed about all the scurrying we've been up to lately...  Tonight it is time to snuggle in and enjoy the candlelight.  I may watch a movie and catnap...  No school for a week...  always a part of Christmas blessings!!!  The kids need a break!
Happy Holidays!  I wasn't very prepared this year, but I was able to slide in with everyone else who was prepared...  It all worked out...  The real reason, the excitement of the season is the birth of our Lord...  what a joyous time to contemplate.

2 comments:

Becky K. said...

Ahhh...contentment. That is a very good thing!
So sweet to hear that you had a lovely day.

Laurie - Lolo So Retro said...

Sounds low-key and lovely. I "slid in" as well, but lowered my expectations of myself and I think my family (husband in retail, 15 y.o. son, mom and dad in from out of state) enjoyed a pleasant weekend. We had a white Christmas in TN, so that was a pretty bonus.

I work at a school as well and am enjoying my time off.