Thursday, December 16, 2010

My favorite jingle at 6 a.m....

 So...  after my big bus ride yesterday to the Mexican Restaurant, I was sort of tired.  I took a hopeful glance out Mr. West Window but no snow greeted me.  I debated a little...  Could I afford to call in?  I really didn't feel super.  But, no... only four days until vacation.  Surely anyone can last four days if she has lasted for 35 years...  Surely...  My cereal wasn't enough to put a spring in my step...  Then about 6:15 a.m.  I heard it....  Jingle-jingle.  My phone.  No school.  Sleet had riddled the side and country roads, and I was blessed with a day off...
 Teachers know a happy dance!  It is called the day we don;t have to do anything for sure....  I wrote a few notes in my greeting cards, added some nostalgic ornaments to our tree, and did a little more shopping online.  I have decided to quit.  I;m rather out of money.  Part of it is wrapped, so I can;t remember what I have bought...  I will finish wrapping on Saturday.  Tomorrow night we are hosting a little dinner party for dear friends (and blog readers, too!)  I am ready to welcome and enjoy...  (Mom is still in panic mode so it won't really be :all is calm; all is bright" around here...
My son is coming to supper in a few minutes.   Have a lovely day!

1 comment:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Sometimes those snow days come just at the right time! Glad you were able to rest. Yep I'm done shopping also. Now to wrap it all.
Have a great evening.