Sunday, October 24, 2010

 Only 8 more days until Halloween...  I made the run for Halloween treat this morning.  I had hoped to take Mom along and eat out at our favorite little restaurant.  She didn't get to come with me, but tonight we had a tv marathon in my room.  She hadn't been down the steps in over two weeks...  So that was an accomplishment...

While I was out, I decided it was time to repair a little damage I'd done pulling off my solar nails with my teeth!!!  Ouch!  They looked horrid, so I went in to the nail salon for another set.  I know...  I know...  extravagant.  But pretty nails ooze the "oh so so very" elegant to me...  probably because I had never indulged myself until  my dear friend "gifted" me with a manicure about ten years ago....  Since then, I have allowed myself that luxury only a few times...  Today I felt the need for some coddling...  I enjoyed watching the other clients in there.  I saw an elderly woman probably in her 80's.  Her nails were fabulous red...  The norm wasn't that posh, overly made up woman...    Actually I saw a lot of women who seemed really tired.  I decided they must have all needed some coddling today, too.
 Then, I made it official.  I got my hair cut like Victoria Beckham...  longer in front and short and stacked in back.  There the resemblance comes to a halt.  She is so cute...  But the hair was a start.  Mine isn't this dramatic... more of a forward angle, not quite this "POSH SPICE" look...  but posh for me...  I had cut my own hair for the past three years.  I found a method that worked for me, but I must admit, this feels much more "kempt."   (That IS a word, isn't it?  haha...)

4 comments:

Becky K. said...

I have been so tempted to try this cut...but I stop when I remember that I'll have to go back regularly to keep up the look. I am very bad about that. I'll bet you get lots of great comments when you go into school on Monday. Glad you got some
"hairapy", as I like to call it.

Becky K.

Maggey and Jim said...

We really do need to treat ourselves.. It is a must.
Maggey

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Good for you! We all need some coddle time for ourselves! My hair is cut in that same style and I love it. Mine is shorter but suits me. And yes I think kempt is a word! Have a wonderful Sunday!

Susquehanna said...

Aww boo.. long hair is better @@