Thursday, July 8, 2010

Gardener's Post...

I'm linking to My Romantic Home's Show and Tell Fridays. Go see all the wonderful links!







Today's post honors the gardener's spirit, and you know if you have it... or if you don't. I don't know if that spirit is something innate, something intrinsic at birth, something gifted by God... but it's there.... OR it. isn't.

My mother has it. She has struggled all year with those clod dwelling daughters/grandsons/whatnots of hers to enthuse us deeply in her quest for flowers in all her front garden urns. Today was the day. We fell upon Lowe's and were blessed with the sweetest staff members anywhere. Mom puttered about in her electric cart and managed to find quite a few beautiful flowers. The staff members helped load them in the car, and I (doing my part) placed them carefully in the shade of our locust and called in the troops.

Tonight my mom's grandson, his lady love, and her son planted them all. Where there's a will (and my mom has one).... there's a way. Hallelujah!

6 comments:

Anita Diaz said...

Oh that is so sweet and thoughtful! My mom is like that with her garden...after open heart surgery hers just gets bigger every year. Thanks for stopping by my "Strawberry" table! I'm so glad to find your blog!

Becky K. said...

Your Mom is reaping the rewards of loving parenting. You are a sweetie!!!

Hootin Anni said...

I love gardening...it's my favorite 'sport' of the summer. Your post is so inspiring.

LEGEND OF MARY'S BEAN is my Friday blog.

Have a great weekend.

CIELO said...

Gayla everything is looking so nice here... I love the new happy look and banner of your blog! And yes, one would always know if you have that "garden spirit" within you! ;)

Have a great weekend my friend

Un beso

Cielo

Maggey and Jim said...

Yay.. for Mom.. true gardener..
Maggey

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Gardens can make you smile and feel so happy! Glad you were able to help her plant her's!!