Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Welcome, kitties!



They're here!!! We have kittens! Mom's cat decided to curl up behind the flowerpot beside my door and have her kittens. That is all well and good today in the sunshine, but hey? Did she not remember it rains here? These kittens will be out in the rain when that happens. Plus we have a mean old country tomcat who just this week brought me out the front door and Mom out the back in the middle of the night as he prowled around and caused quite a catfight stir. I fear for the babies. I do. I am sleeping with the screen open so I can charge out there and shoo him off if I hear him... But so far, the only sound is the tinkling of the wind chimes on the porch and a few cute little "mews" from the new guys... I will get a shot today, but decided Mom's cat wasn't in the mood for the paparazzi last night.

* update: Heard that old tomcat and the mama cat fighting at 4:30, so I raced out there yelling. I rigged up a flashlight that beamed on the kittens and mama. He seems to hate the light. (Metaphorical? Dunno.) I don't think this looks good for their little futures. We may move the whole family, but we don't know where.

4 comments:

Maggey and Jim said...

Oh, good, glad they are finally here.. Can't wait for photos..
Maggey

Becky K. said...

Oh, don't you want them to live in a box in the corner of your room? Poor little defenseless things....

I know you'll figure something out.
Anyone who would get up in the middle of the night to defend them is already committed.

Thanks for your prayers!
I appreciate them so much!!

Becky K.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

So glad they are here! Please move them so they are safe! Mean old Tom cat!

Lisa Pogue said...

Smack and Scoop (with a big shovel) that was the plan I had for Callee's stalker. Finally had to move her inside behind lock and key. Those old Toms are EVIL!!