Monday, December 14, 2009

Working Holiday Charm

Well, today finds me in a much better state of readiness.... cards addressed and for the most part, mailed. Most gifts wrapped, bagged, and sorted... Not much sleep over the weekend, but then sleep is often overrated, I'd say. The temperature dropped 22 degrees, so far, and the wind's howl summons every chill my dear old bones can create. I have the fireplace steaming, and I'm ready to cozy down with a lovely drink and a Lifetime Christmas movie... I have taped at least a dozen of those little things, and I enjoy nipping into one at the close of the day. My cousin adores Hallmark Christmas movies, and I'll admit they have more depth... More depth than I care to tackle. I don't want to cry. I want to escape into holiday love, holiday mayhem and merriment... holiday decorations and whacky has-been stars from my day, who are now seen as parents and eeek! even granparents! If a movie even hints at something sad and drear, ZAP, I delete it from my queue! Brutal Benevolence. ... That's my speed right now. Enjoy the festivities... I'm off to watch, "Will you Merry Me." fa lalalala lala la la!

3 comments:

CIELO said...

Gayla, I love those stone pots.... they're the perfect compliment to a backyard. Here is the message for Andrea you asked me for:

"Querida Andrea: Que la paz del cielo y la bendición de nuestro Padre Celestial te colme de dicha esta Navidad. Eres muy especial, y para mí ha sido un gran placer haberte conocido.

Un fuerte abrazo, y la alegría del pesebre del Niño Dios.

Gayla"


And thank you for visiting our house in the roses, dear Gayla... It is a pleasure!

Hugs

Megan said...

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one with pumpkins still out! Pumpkins & a wooden sleigh go together, right?!?!

Lisa Pogue said...

I have to admit, I've been getting into those movies the past few days too!!