Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Storm rising


Snowbound. Well, not really, but it feels like it. My son's car is out of commission for who knows how long, so during my week off from school, I've decided to loan it to him and accomplish my favorite kind of week... housebound.
I imagine I might go stir crazy after a few weeks, but since I've worked outside the home and been called to be busy/busy most of the summer, I can't imagine anything more delicious than burrowing in with good books, a pot of delicious soup, and delightful candles and scents througout the house... My last venture into the world was December 23rd, to that lovely Italian party... and if I had to stay in until January 4th, the looming date when I return to school and society, I'd be fine with it...
Mom is a bit under the weather, so I'm going to try and do something with her in her room to be cheerful and pass the time for her. Any ideas???? She doesn't have a television in her bedroom, and I heard her in there with the radio fighting with the stations. First I heard something very Conway Twitty-ish, then "Old Time Rock and Roll" and then something that sounded like Snoop Dog... Then, the click! haha.. NPR isn't around these parts! Have a wonderful day... Snowstorm predicted for tonight and tomorrow... "Stay safe and snuggle in," is my advice.

1 comment:

Becky K. said...

I am trying to think of something to help your mother pass the time...but with you being housebound and all, its not like you could go to the library for some good audiobooks. Hmmm...thinking.

Do you have a laptop? Hulu might have some interesting programs to watch.

Enjoy your cozy time while the storm blows outside.

Becky K.