Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Clear and cold. . .

This shot is not spectacular. I took it from my mom's front door, and I stood there drinking in the night (aka early morning) with my nightgown and bare feet, wishing I had the right stuff to amble on out and get some really beautiful shots... December is a month for blue moons. Tomorrow is the first of the pair, and tonight's is 98 percent full... I love late winter full moons because they are visible during the early morning from my window over my computer...

Today was a good day at school, despite the upset feelings that go along with turmoil. One of my girls had a wreck, and thankfully, nobody was hurt. Tickets, summons, blame--- all has been issued. Suspensions from basketball have been handed down... Tears, hugs, and love has been shared. Life is so very fragile. Thank you for all our loved ones who are safe and my heart and prayers for comfort weave their way to those of you who have not been given that gift. Holidays are beautiful, but they bring melancholy loneliness, as well...

1 comment:

Lisa Pogue said...

Ohhhhhh, Gayla, this moon is soooooo YOOUUU!!! I love this pic. Try it again tonight and see what the difference may be. It makes me want to grab my broom and fly out to see you!!