Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Italiana...

Today (Wednesday) I was invited to attend a Christmas/birthday celebration at the home of one of my sweet Italian friends. What a treat! As you can see, her table was filled with festive pottery, wonderful HUGE, and I mean GIANT bowls of fresh food, and the extra bonus of standing servers who generously filled our plates with the extravagant delicacies. We had oven fried chicken, a beautiful Italian salad in a bowl about the size of a rug (no lie). We had Tortelache (a tortellini filled with spinach and tossed in a garlic butter sauce) which had been made only this morning! There was homemade bread, fried carrots and onions, and raisin pie for dessert. The food was surpassed only by the extravagant love and friendship we have shared for so many years. I have been so blessed, and I know it! Have a beautiful Christmas Eve. My cousins are coming for a soup luncheon at our house. I just set the table and am taking a quick snooze before I get up early and make the soups and desserts. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Please also say a little prayer for my son who has been ill. We went to the doctor today and picked up some heavy antibiotics, so I'm praying he will be fine in a few days... or sooner! Hugs to all!

4 comments:

Becky K. said...

What a wonderful looking table!

Hope your son feels better on those antibiotics. Probably what I'll end up doing too. I just hate it when you go and they say you haven't been sick long enough for antibiotics yet...

Becky K.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Prayers for your son Gayla, I hope he is better soon. Such a lovely feast! Enjoy your holidays!

Julie said...

I am having a blog give away - if you are interested. Stop by www.ridingaside.blogspot.com and post a comment.

The table is pretty...but the people around it are beautiful!

Stephanie said...

Wow! That looks yummy !
Ive been on a blogging break... hope your son gets feeling better soon!
Happy Holidays,
Stephanie