Sunday, December 27, 2009

Amazing Grace




philosophy: how you climb up the mountain is just as important as how you get down the mountain. and so it is with life, which for many of us becomes one big gigantic test followed by one big gigantic lesson. in the end, it all comes down to one word. grace. it's how you accept winning and losing, good luck and bad luck, the darkness and the light.
*****************************
And so, from the inside of my new philosophy packaging comes another voice telling me what I need to do... I love this quote. I believe it to my core. Last night my mother and I had the honor of watching a very special movie.. No, I'm not telling about it in this post. That is saved for the next one! Today's is about philosophy. True, they love, absolutely LOVE their own products because they have ascribed a pricey little tag to each item. However, it was Christmas, and my mother decided to pamper her daughter with this lovely box to "layer" it on...
Layering the philosophy of acceptance and gratitude, I am beginning to make my resolutions for the upcoming year. I have made huge lists before, and I have ignored the advent of a new period of time and gone blissfully as I've done before. Another of my favorite quotes is, "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you always got." (apologies to the author and if I messed it up). I love some of the aspects of my life so I need to keep on doing those things... And truth be told, I abhor some aspects of my life... so an obvious choice is this. I've been given the test. Then the lesson.
My bible study right now with Beth Moore, (what a girl!) is The Inheritance. It's all adding up... I want to be better at "math" like that. Outside the snow continues to whirl and polish the windows with its glistening flakes of winter. Grey skies meet grey trees on the horizon. My mother's cat has abandoned the front porch, but we see her little kitty cat tracks around the bowl. She comes to eat, but she had left her post by the door. Somewhere she's snugly curled, waiting for a warmer day to give us the "grace" of her love... (do kitty cats love?) Have a beautiful Lord's day. Hugs...

1 comment:

Lisa Pogue said...

You are "Grace" my dear. I have always wanted to try Philosphy stuff, you will have to do a post to let us know what you think!!