Sunday, July 26, 2009

Thinking of you. . .

My Metamorphosis Monday Post... Check out more at Susan's Blog, Between Naps on the Porch. (There are no "before" pictures since I didn't have anything to start with... except a red suitcase full of messy papers....






Well, as promised, the first fruits of my new passion!!! Don't think Mr. Hall (of Hallmark Division) will be calling me any time soon. If he paid me by the hour, I'd be rich... by the card? Not so much. After watching numerous mesmerizing YouTube videos about the cricut, about scrapbooking, about the whole "cult" that IS scrapbooking, I was totally intimidated. Thus my first 30 projects were trashed... not quite 3o, but a LOT! I haven't been as lost in my happy place for years... I am definitely in the alpha zone when I'm glittering... I feel as if I am about six, and I have been given that wonderful, fragrant new box of crayons with the sharpener by my grandfather... a new artist's pad in college.... a can of stripper and a quart of paint in my early homemaking days...



This is F.U.N.!!!!!!!!!





Finally today I decided to really TRY! I am amazed, envious, and truly appreciative of the rooms and boxes and myriads of little doodads and tools, crimpers, and folio pockets these girls have... Some of the videos showed whole rooms dedicated to scrapping. I honestly had NO idea... Don't get me wrong. I'm not making fun or knocking it. Creating these two tiny notecards with layers, layers, glitter, and stamps.... it took longer than I want to admit... I didn't have the little clear blocks for my stamps I bought... Who knew they weren't complete? I think I improvised deliciously... I used a clear, flat glass candle lid... It works beautifully... I didn't have colors of stamp ink... only cocoa and tulip... So I used magic markers.... Anyway, these are done, and I'm contemplating who will get these... The envelopes match... oh my... I'm wondering if there will be recovery and twelve step programs for this addiction?????? "Stamping up" tm wings at convalescent homes???




One more treatment tomorrow for Mom if she can't talk them out of it... Honestly, these last four have been X-tremely painful... :-(



6 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Your cards look gorgeous. I havn't taken up scrapbooking yet. Maybe I need to rethink that. Hugs, Marty

Michelle said...

I took a class in scapbooking about 20 yrs ago before it was really popular and I really enjoyed it. But it took more time then I had to spare and I never picked it up again.

Still have all the stuff in a big box. Hmmmm...I should dig it out!

Lisa Pogue said...

Looks like so much fun!! I bet you are in heaven aren't you? I was thinking of you yesterday and wondering how many more times you have to go to Columbia? Just one more? Time really flies, especially when you are on the road!!

Kammy said...

You did a fab job ! I have a cricut too and used it this week for my daughters wall pictures...I do like it and need to use it more.
I have a huge cabinet of scrapping and a huge armoire with albums....I stopped scrapping about 5 years ago cuz, I have other stuff I want to do....and everyone scraps....I don't like a crowd !
Hugs ~ Kammy

susan said...

Your cards are beautiful and I hope the receiver appreciates the time and effort. I have thought about taking up scrapbooking but I think you talked me out of it :) It sounds labor intensive!

Becky K. said...

I made a card this weekend. Fun, but I don't think it is my new hobby.

Praying for your Mother. It has to be the worst!

Becky K.