Friday, June 12, 2009

Weekends. . .


Tonight Mom and I sat a bit on the front porch, and we noticed an abundance of cars hauling boats, some cool motorcycles, tons of
RVs... just the usual summer fare of families and friends heading out to seek fun. How does a person do that? For the longest time I have been trying to imagine just WHAT I could/would do if money, time, locale, and logistics were no object. I am seriously at a loss. The above ancient radiator has outlived its usefulness, but it's still beautiful in its design... I was raised to work... very, I mean VERY few vacations and no free time festivities with boats, horseback riding, fishing... Nada, zip, zilch, zero. I didn't realize it but I think I did that to my son as well. My idea of fun used to be to rip into a corner of the house and redecorate, do a craft project... I can't really recall (ever having relations with that woman)=== ha ha.. seriously, no. I can't really recall anything fun I ever did! hahaha.. That sounds lame, even to me... But Friday nights are kinda blah sometimes.. I would have a seriously solemn pity party, but that would call for refreshments, and I'm doing the healthy eating thing for a while, at least. Sleep will knit up the raveled sleeve of care.... My AC is on... I'll probably find a good movie... Have a fun weekend... and if you comment (and I wish you would!), let me know your idea of great fun... It might jog my memory a little.

2 comments:

Allidink said...

I used to go on motorhome trips every summer when I was little. Sometimes we didn't even go far! I live in Orange County and we would stay in Orange County and have our motorhome at the beach LOL. Amusing..So I spent a lot of time riding my bike and rollerblading at the beach with my brother :) Nowadays I usually stay in and watch a movie too LOL. Like right now! :)

All the best,
Allison

Lisa Pogue said...

Gosh, I do recall a jaunt through Macon at 11pm with the cool wind blowing thru the windows. And I DO remember a beautiful blonde driving the red t-bird. If I recall properly, she giggled and laughed with the other 2 brunettes in the car. One inparticular laughed uncontrollably, while the other teeheeheed. We were wondering where the donut toting poleece man was...
Sigh...those days...the breeze...those laughs...impromtu plans are the best!!!