Thursday, April 16, 2009

The morning after. . .

photograph from mycatpic.org



Snoozy little cat. That's me. Yesterday was Doll Club. I realized as the guests were having their refreshments that THE "BLOGGER" had failed to take any pictures of the day. But we had a lovely party with several kinds of refreshments. Carrot Cake, lemon bars, frozen strawberry-banana salad, cheeze ball dip, and cracker/chip things. Guests brought a variety of celebrity dolls and videos to share stories: Mom's John Wayne, my Dorothy Hamill, and everyone from Lucille and Ethel in the candy factory to Shirley Temple to W.C. Fields... Then we watched a video of one of our members on a local tv spotlight of her doll cottage. We had 14 here...

This morning when I woke up, I was sooo sick with a headache, neck ache, back ache... just generally miserable. I called in for one more day and have done a lot of R and R. I'll write more later and share my mom's recipe for Lemon Bars. They were wonderful.

Hugs!

4 comments:

Tyler said...

Sounds like you had a super time.. enjoy your extended catnap~ :)

Allidink said...

I looove lemon bars! I love lemon! Yum! Can't wait for your recipe :)

All the best,
Allison

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

Get better soon...m.

Anonymous said...

Love the new look of your blog, very pretty! Hope you are feeling better.

Laurie S.
Laurie4567@aol.com