Friday, October 10, 2008

October's Bright Blue Weather

Welcome to our autumn kitchen, ready to entertain my cousin from California a couple of weekends ago. We now have matching angels, hers there in California with her and mine with me here. I so love fall!My Cinderella sits patiently in her new "home" away from home. Purchased for me by my own request (begging?), Cinderella has been my companion for many years. I usually had a spot for her in the kitchen right by my stove... after all, she was into Cinders! Now she graces our autumn mantel. Her little foot has been broken... But she is still quite lovely. My mother's comment startled me... "She's sitting on the pumpkin that will be her coach... and those mice will be her horses..." I was shocked. Never had I looked at her as pre-enchanted evening. I always saw her as a dreamer, sitting there thinking about that wonderful night on the once ago chariot pumpkin, the little mice now tolerated because they had so carefully towed her to the ball. Perhaps that says something about a person. Am I thinking always that the good times have been in the past? I certainly don't know... But isn't she pretty?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

All of your decorations are just lovely. I love fall too. Your cinderella is precious.

Lisa Pogue said...

What a wonderful thing for your mama to say. I'm not sure I would've thought of it that way either. I love Cinderella...I also picture her dreaming herself away from the wicked step monsters...

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

Fall is my favorite time of the year..m..

Sweet Designs said...

Your tablescape is very nice, I love your Cinderella girl on the pumpkin too.