Friday, September 19, 2008

Hopeful Friday 1



Okay... Cielo's blog inspired me to do a hopeful Friday's blog. I love Waterhouse... His work has always charmed my soul.... It is wistful, longing and very hopeful to me... This young woman isn't watching her lover's ship wreck, she's hoping and waiting for him to come ashore....and I believe he will.


My post is about worry... I have always been known as many things, but not as a worrier... but I am one. I just try so hard to do it inside (possible the worst kind). So today my promise to myself is to be more hopeful. My grandmother's line was "live in hopes, die in despair." I never really got it. I thought it meant you were going to be disappointed an die in despair. I think now she meant that to hope was to LIVE... to despair was to DIE... I am in a limbo kind of lifestyle at times and it is difficult for me to remain hopeful... especially when I'm not sure what I'm hoping for... just the absence of bad things? That's not hope to its fullest fruition... It isn't enough to hope bad things don't happen... We need a goal, a hope, a belief in a thing not yet seen... That's my charge for me and anyone else who needs a bit of a boost... Find something to hope for... and don't lose heart. We're all in this together... Hugs.. Happy Friday.

3 comments:

CIELO said...

Beautiful, Rosie.... I love your thoughts of hope and inspiration, and that painting is so lovely--it transport me to that place; right there.... in fact, I think I'm the girl in the painting... :)

Have a happy "Hopeful Friday, sweet lady!

cielo

Anonymous said...

Very nice post. We all need goals and things to hope for.

Virginia said...

Your post remiended me of a Elizabeth Gilbert quote.
To sit patiently with a yearning that has not yet been fulfilled, and to trust that, that fulfillment will come, is quite possibly one of the most powerful "magic skills" that human beings are capable of. It has been noted by almost every ancient wisdom tradition.
Blessings, Virgina