Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Reuben, Reuben, I've been thinking...

So... do you like them not? Reubens were my go to sandwich when we ate out while my son was a baby. I loved them. then for about twenty-five years I haven't ever had one again. Today we ate out with some friends who used to work with Daddy. I ordered one along with them, and it was quite nice... not my favorite, as Johnny Depp says in Chocolat.... but good.

I think the marble rye is my favorite part. As they say of Food Network, you eat with your eyes first. ..... I should leave it at that I think.
I sat on a different side of the table than usual... and I was amazed to discover all these old goodies hanging on the walls... See, they always say to change one's perspective a little and discover new treasures... Today I did so... I guess... if you can call a shelf over a salad bar a treasure..????

2 comments:

CIELO said...

Ahhh, I'm so hungry, and that sandwich looks soooo good!

Pd: I haven't seen pics of your garden yet... hope you can participate in our garden party, on Saturday! :)

cielo

Lisa Pogue said...

Yes Gayla, I want to see pictures of your garden too!! I'll show you mine if you show me yours!! Now about this Reuben, I've never had one. I'm not sure I could swallow it!! I'll take your word they are wonderful. I miss you!!