Sunday, November 25, 2007

Flurries of Cleaning and Cooking... done while you wait!

On Monday night I will be hosting another club meeting, this time Beta Sigma Phi, my sorority girls. I decided since I "live" here at Mom's, I'd have the party here, so we have recruited my son to run the sweeper and help a teensy bit, and we are basically ready. I have to go to the store and make some vegetable soup; we're also having ham salad, pasta salad, cherry squares, a cheese ball, dips, crackers, penny rolls, and chips.

But for today I made a little lunch for the family, and it was kind of a new recipe! These dessert cookies are white chocolate macadamia nut, and sooo easy... In fact, the cheerleaders were selling tubs of the dough! That's how easy... Scoop and bake. You do have to watch or you'll burn them, but other than that.... yeah, it's that good.

Mom re-invented the sweet potatoes, but it looks yummy but it is still those yucky old sweet potatoes underneath... I think this on a graham cracker crust with Hershey bars would be spectacular.... Personally the only was I like sweet potatoes really is to bake them with butter and cinnamon.... yum.
This is the new dish: King Ranch Chicken (I substituted turkey) Casserole. I thought it was really good, and so did my son. My mom even gave her tentative approval, and she's not into new dishes too much... Here's the recipe:
KING RANCH CASSEROLE

1 sm. onion, chopped

6 chicken breasts

1 can cream of mushroom

1 can cream of chicken

1 can Rotel tomatoes with diced chiles

1 c. chicken broth

1 lg. bag corn chips, I used Doritos (crushed in bag)

2 pkg. Monterey Jack & Colby cheese


Boil chicken until done, de-bone and cut into small chunks. I chunked up about three cups turkey.

Be sure to save 1 cup broth when chicken has finished cooking. Mix cream of chicken, cream of mushroom, Rotel tomatoes and chicken broth; heat on stove. Layer 1/2 of chicken, 1/2 broth mix, 1/2 of chips, 1/2 of onion, 1/2 cheese and repeat above. Bake 35-40 minutes at 350 degrees in 9 1/2 x 13 inch greased pan.

I mixed up some Ranch Dressing, mayonaisse, paprika and dill for a little sauce to ooze over the top.

Just a bit of breadstick, some sweet tea, and a little love.... That's all we needed... (Did I say salad? uh... we'll have to get our vegetable a bit later, I guess.... unless you count the corn! haaha...

7 comments:

Terri Steffes said...

I am sitting here shaking my head.

I am a Beta Sigma Phi, too. Heavens be!

I hope you have a great time! We meet again on the first!

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

Looks good and sounds good also. Blessings Mary

Nan said...

Oh my gosh. I have got to go get some breakfast before I drool all over my keyboard.
Nan

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Gayla,
All I can say is Yummmmm. Sounds delicious. Susan

BittersweetPunkin said...

Hi Gayla...I am popping in to visit you since you recently popped in to visit me! I am scandalously behind in my visits...please forgive me!
I have enjoyed your blog and would to pop in more often for coffee!!
Blessings,
Robin

a Pocket Angel said...

Gayla, Oh everything looks so yummy! White chocolate macadamia nut cookies are my all time very favorites...
Thanks for sharing the recipe for the casserole.
Take care ~Mary~ :-}

Anonymous said...

I love the pan and the food looks SO YUMMY!