Sunday, August 19, 2007

Year Number 48 . . .and counting

Okay.... so for the past 48 YEARS I have gone back to school in the fall. I actually remember my very first year, roses cut for the teacher carefully wrapped in a wet paper towel and then tinfoil, white turned down socks and white sandals and a little blue gingham dress embroidered by my mother's college roommate and dearest friend. Do I remember? or is it the photo I recall? I only know I have really loved every back to school morning and usually can't sleep the night before.
My grandfather always bought me a huge box of colors WITH the sharpener. I was always flaunting that in front of my friends with 48 colors!

This is me.... silly little over achiever. I hope my classes are interesting and good for my kids. They don't know me... But after tomorrow.... we'll all be acquainted.


7 comments:

Janet said...

I SO love the smell of Crayolas and alas I was one of the jealous kids who never, ever had the box with the sharpener! Your students will love you. Happy New School Year!
Janet

P.S. This is the first year in 20 years that I have no one in school; all grown up and flown the nest

Terri Steffes said...

I so love crayons, too~ I never had the sharpener, either, but my grandpa was the head custodian at school and if my desk was clean, he left a peppermint in my desk! My first day is going well, hope yours is too!

Cindy said...

I hope you have a wonderful first day back to school (or should I say work)!

Julie said...

What a wonderful attitude! So many teachers get burned out and lose their passion. You pbviously have not.

Unknown said...

Your kids will love you, they always do. I remember...

Alison May said...

How could the kids not love you, wonderful you? thinking of you. All our love Ali and Finn.x

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

I am sure that your students will embrace you! I adore that bracelet, too! soooo cute!
Becky