Thursday, August 2, 2007

Tag! High school ???????


I found this on Cindy's and Julie's blogs: Consider yourself tagged if you want to do this. It's kind of fun! The picture is from 1942, but it looked pretty much the same when I went there. Many changes today!!!!
High School Questionnaire:

1. Who was your best friend? I had more than one! I still love them all today! In alphabetical order, they were Glenda, Janis, Joanie, Julie, Karla, Peggy, (all in my class), and Pat (a freshman when I was a senior)

2. Did you play any sports? No, I wasn't all that coordinated.

3. What kind of car did you drive? None. Sometimes, very rarely, my parents let me borrow their car, a blue oldsmobile.

4. It’s Friday night. Probably at the Drive-in with Roy, who I later married. We then were divorced. We might be with his brother and a friend, too. During the school year I would be at a football game in the fall playing in the band for a half time show, and after halftime with the jazz band/pep band. During the winter and spring, I'd be at a home basketball game, but my parents didn't allow me to ride with anyone to an away game. I also would be at the movies... hurrying home to watch Star Trek on late night tv because it was Roy's favorite show. hmmm.. might have to amend my answer to question number 8??? do ya think?

5. Were you a party animal? Absolutely..... NOT! haha.. Anyone who knows me would laugh about this one!

6. Were you considered a flirt? I don't think so.

7. Were you in the band, orchestra or choir? I was a proud member of the band, played an alto and a baritone saxophone, member of the jazz band, and a member of choir my senior year. Also a member of a youth choir that traveled and wore outfits alike and did musicals at my church.

8. Were you a nerd? I didn't think so at the time.

9. Were you ever suspended or expelled? Once I was sort of suspended when I walked out with a group of students to protest some administrator being fired. Isn't it funny, I don't remember who was fired? Could that tell you that I was kind of a lemming on that one? I remember my mom called the school and I was let back in. She wasn't happy with me. I was also kicked out of Orville's history class for NOTHING!! haha... and sent to the principal for goofing off big time with a piano moving dolly and a chair during study hall...

10. Can you sing the fight song? Every single word!!!

11. Who was your favorite teacher? Again, I had several. I loved my teachers: Mr. Sandbothe (band), Mrs. Kirby (English), Mr. Rice (Music and Church), Mr. Defiore (History), Mr. Beltramo(Spanish), Mrs. Dunham (English), Mrs. Robnett (History), Mr. Cerva(English), and Mrs. Bradshaw(English) were probably my very favorites.

12. What was your school mascot? Tigers

13. Did you go to the Prom? Yes, with Roy both junior and senior years

14. If you could go back, would you? I don't know

15. What do you remember most about graduation? It was outdoors. I was crying. Someone fell down the podium stairs (not me, thank goodness!), I got my pre-engagement ring afterwards.

16. Where were you on Senior Skip Day? Don't think we had one.

17. Did you have a job your senior year? Nope

18. Where did you go most often for lunch? Ate lunch at a close by Dairy Queen. Loved those Mr. Misty push ups. Also took lunch and ate in the gym a lot.

19. Have you gained weight since then? Unfortunately, and I thought I was fat then... ar 115 pounds. Oh, my, what I wouldn't give for those numbers!

20. What did you do after graduation? I don't remember anything except getting that ring and my dad crying because I was valedictorian. I think my mom (precognitive that she is) cried about the ring. haha
21. What year did you graduate? 1972

22. Who was your Senior Prom Date? Roy, who was my first husband.

23. Are you going/did you go to your 10 year reunion? I think I went. I have gone to two or three. I dunno. I'm not a big fan of reunions, but I love my classmates. ????

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Wow, Valedictorian...Impressive!

Julie said...

Humm - so how many of us went to the prom with our "first" husbands???? snicker snicker!