Sunday, August 26, 2007

The Journey

Life is like a journey, taken on a train
With a pair of travelers at each window pane.
I may sit beside you all the journey through,
Or I may sit elsewhere, never knowing you.
But if fate should have it we sit side by side,
Let's be pleasant travelers. It's so short a ride.

This is a little poem I found on a home made celluloid frame hanging on my dad's mother's wall. Ma, we called her. We had it read at Daddy's service. She lived it to the core, and so did my dad, and so do I try to.... (but failing often). I made labels with this poem and this photo on them for the backs of the thank you's I've written. Do you know it was nearly 200 hand written notes for thank you's? I wanted to say something personal to everyone. I don't want to be done with this task, but I nearly am. I don't really want to be EVER finished with doing things for my dad, you know? I hope each of us has a pleasant journey with pleasant travelers today! Take care.



1 comment:

Dena said...

What a beautifully touching little poem and how very thoughtful of you to hand write so many notes. I completely understand the not wanting to be done. Blessings to you today.

Hugs,
Dena