Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Geraniums and Cats

You know, nothing says summer quite like a lovely old geranium with a lazy old cat asleep under the edges of the leaves. My grandfather's favorite flower, the geranium is something our family always has on decks, patios, hanging around the eaves. This photo was taken at Strawberry Hill Nursery in Columbia. Wow... what a place. If I had unlmited funds and a gardener, I'd go absolutely crazy there. Today is my third day of summer vacation. On Monday, I did ZERO. On Tuesday I went to Columbia to the optometrist. Then my son treated me to dinner out at Macaroni Grill, a wonderful little Italian restaurant. I had the Pollo Mardra (skinny chicken), with grilled broccoli and asparagus... Wow.... Yum.



Today I spent the morning at my new (old) school trying to figure out which textbooks for what class. I have acquired the title and duties of curriculum director for secondary.... Sounds formidable, huh? I thought I'd get busy, but think I've devoted enough of my third day to that kind of thing.



Now I plan to watch Beth Moore taped on Life Today, put away some more boxes of stuff from school, sort through my clothes and make a huge pile for the Sheltered Workshop, and clean out 1/4 of my closet. We shall see.... I need to eliminate some stuff and get a grip on all this clutter. The blogs I see that I love and the people I admire have already done this and are on the "other side" of clutter. I eliminated some about three years ago, but I wasn't ruthless.... I must develop that quality in order to live serenely and smoothly.

No comments: