Tuesday, July 3, 2007

I'm Dew!!!


Well, what a shock. The Fourth of July is only three days from the first of July. Who would have thought that? I told you all about this procrastination thing. I'm seriously worried and ashamed about it, but here I am at 3:30. I glibly promised a dessert to go with melon at my Mom and Dad's 4th thing. I'm driving 30 miles to get the Pizzas in only a few minutes. Uh... dessert? I was so wildly shocked to realize it was that late already. Enter Paula Deen magazine, latest issue. What?!!! Mountain Dew Bundt cake???? My boys live on intravenous Mountain Dew. How fun! Lemon? Lemon's a fruit and it should go with other fruit, right? So here is the cake:


1 box lemon cake mix
1 small box lemon instant pudding
4 eggs
3/4 cup oil
1 12 oz. can Mountain Dew


Mix. Pour into greased and floured Bundt pan; bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes and flip out.

Yahoo!!!! I'll garnish with a lemon slice and a drizzle of powdered sugar, and we have a winner. But seriously, I hate to blog about such an easy task. Pop around and see the other blogs: decorated cakes, cookies, sugar cookie cutouts... yep. It's bad. But I think mine will "dew" for tonight! Have a super Fourth.... or third....


Update: This is really moist and delicious. It was a hit. I decided against anything for garnish, but a little would be fine. Our fireworks were wonderful. We had an early fourth because my son will be celebrating later with his dad and family at their family get together. Rain forecast for this afternoon. Our last finale firework went haywire. It was a 20 gun extravaganza named
colors of America. It tipped over and shot into the porch/car/watcher section. Kind of scary. My dad took a bit of shrapnel in his shin!! My son was scrambling to get it headed the other direction, but it was spinning and firing.... Quite the finale, I'd say. Daddy has a big goose egg on his shin! What next?

2 comments:

Cindy said...

That cake looks good! I love Mountain Dew.

I added you to my favorites on my sidebar!

Diane Fay (littlealma) said...

Hi, I came across your site tonight and love it! I like your name too! Very cute! I recently made a blog (kind of) but it is pretty messed up yet - and I would rather spend time looking at other blogs than try to redo mine- oh well..... Anyway, I also copied down your mountain dew recipe as I also have a 22 year old son who lives on the stuff. I will have to make that for him sometime! And several of your entries hit home - I am also in the middle (I should be doing it right now, instead of lurking!!!) of trying to put together a package to send my daughter who is working on a summer mission type thing in Alaska, and doesn't really need anything more to try and fit into her suitcase on the way home. So I am wrapping gum, candy, chocolate (hope it won't melt!), and other edible things, and I have been racking my brain trying to thing of how to do it cutely! (never did come up with a cute and clever name for my blog either!) I may have to get out the glitter yet tonight! And also - you around the same age as me, it is nice to know not everyone is in their twenties and thirties! You had several other things that you talked about that I could relate to as well - but I had better get busy - but just wanted to say I enjoyed reading your posts! Have a good day - God bless - Diane