Friday, December 4, 2020

Tomorrow!

Whimsy and Hugs!

I have finally jazzed myself into the beginning phase of decorating. Honestly, I was toying with the idea of just decorating with the red, green, and white everyday items and not hitting my huge, wonderful Christmas closet at all. Then this morning, the Grinch turned the corner and issued herself a challenge. Here's the plan  which began in the wee blue hours of the morning...


Step 1: Today I cleaned out the Studio and pried open that closet. No such luck that my textile tote would be on the top... So I shuffled and heave-hoed until I freed it... I nabbed what I think is the Nativity... and then I got a tote of greenery and one other "mystery" container. It is what it is for 2020... I have shut the door and moved furniture back in front of the door. Plenty of holiday cheer for this season, and it seems the challenge of working with the unknown kinda jump started my jets... 


Step 2: Tomorrow I sort and begin just a few little areas. I need to clean and dust as I go... I hope to finish it all in the one day. At least I hope to have enough plan to motivate me...


Step 3: I am sending out some beautiful cards I have been hoarding for several years... and a few I made for 2020. I then will attempt to simply plan some Christmas devotions,  reading, crafting, cooking, ---- comforts and joys... I am almost finished with gift-shopping this year. 


I will not be cracking 18 eggs for two people! However, before Christmas morning arrives, I will definitely do this easy omelet- divided in thirds... so we will have leftovers!

Stay tuned! 


6 comments:

Susie said...

Gayla, 18 eggs.wow. Yes honey so funny. I did very little decorating. My daughter called me Charlie Brown. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

Miss Merry said...

LOL I did a screenshot on this recipe right away. Five kids, 4 "others", 10 grandchildren. I might have to make two. (well, someday)

Ginny Hartzler said...

I cannot WAIT to see what your house will look like!! I was not able to finish ours in one day, it took about six days. I am MAKING this recipe, will cut down the proportions for just two people. Oh no, MATH!

NanaDiana said...

HI Gayla, I am using up all my Christmas cards from previous years this year, too. I have so many odds and ends of them. Will be glad to start fresh next year. Now I need more stamps! lol
I didn't dig all my stuff out this year, either and went back to a green/red theme this year. I have done pastels for several years. Hubby likes the red-so red it is this year. xoDiana

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

I was very tempted to forgoe Christmmas decorations and then my soul said please feed me. So I did decorate. Like your ideas - especially the one about doing readings. I think it's time to open the Bible and let God do the rest.

Ellen said...

Lovely blue-hour scenes and thoughts. I still need to decorate a little, too. Yum yum omelet recipe! Best wishes to you both and sweet Callie,
Ellen