I can't believe how cozy I was... right up to the part where I dumped a cold can of Diet Coke upside down in bed with me... You should have seen my bail out! Cat flying/getting the heck outta Dodge, covers crackling, and yours truly doing a little dance on this blustery-filled morning. Suddenly I am not as thirsty!
We sold the absolutely gigantic stereo that would have played this vintage 78 collection. I just kept a few for the covers.
I chose a blue truck in honor of my dad's blue '47 Chevy in the barn. I plan to tuck some real evergreen around this one...
Made this chicken again today, but with boneless chicken white meat pieces, We had it and its sauce and a huge steamer with broth-steamed vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, onion, zucchini, carrots, garlic) on baked sweet or Irish potato. Guess who picked Irish... lol Well, Faith 'n Begorry, I sure did!
The Paleo Kitchen's Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs
Juice of 2 lemons
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil or melted fat of choice
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 pounds bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
Coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 clove garlic minced
1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves minced
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons raw organic honey melted
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F with the rack in the middle.
2. Combine the lemon juice, olive oil, and garlic powder in a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
3. Add the chicken thighs and coat the chicken in the marinade. Season the thighs with salt and pepper.
4. Place the chicken thighs skin side down on an elevated rack on a rimmed baking sheet.
5. Roast the chicken in the hot oven for 30 minutes.
6. While the chicken is cooking, combine the garlic, thyme, mustard, and honey in a small bowl and mix well.
7. Take the chicken out of the oven and brush the honey mustard on both sides of the chicken.
8. Flip the chicken skin-side up and return to the oven for 5-10 minutes or until the thighs are cooked through and the skin is nicely browned.
9. Remove from the oven and brush on extra honey mustard if desired.
Whimsy and Hugs!
Have a great week!