Sunday, September 15, 2013

A super fun little iPad app.... Called "Color Capture"




Hello, and welcome to the techie toy shoppe!  I'm sooo crazy about this little free app on the iPad from Benjamin Moore.  I did a little Facebook post about it today because I just knew there had to be others out there who loved coloring...  Remember the big box with the myriads of blues to choose from...  I adored that box...  With 100 crayola crayons and a sharpener....  Online the Behr website has a similar app...   


Later, when I began to decorate my own home, I made a vow...kind of a silly one to some, but luckily I have enjoyed full freedom to keep this one.  I NEVER paint with a brand that doesn't have names for the colors...  And I have to LOVE both the name and the color...  

Oh, sure, you may think I am kooky, but I remember most of the ones I chose...  For nearly 50 years!  My pink bedroom as a little girl was called whisper, my home in Macon in the 70's had a dining room in a lovely green called Wildenbrook.  My home up where my son lives, painted in the 80's, was blessed with Tinkerbell, a tint of aqua sky, Swedish Snow which was sometimes pink and sometimes blue, Twilight, a beautiful taupe that changes colors depending on the weather outside...  I have Midnight shutters outside..  My shop had Sweet Cider walls...  So perhaps his app is just too much...  My mind is blown!  Boom! Today I'm loving Creme Fraiche.  


It would be perfect to match a sofa or painting, to decorate, to copy a blog favorite...  And supposedly the manufacturer updates the colors...  I have yet to check that out... 

You simply upload a photo or take a new one... Then, wherever you touch becomes a swatch... Fill it with  subtle change in Color and a new name...  The app also pops up companion colors, complements...  Trust me.  I don't play every day, but hey...  It is a "wonderful world of color"...  Mr. Disney told me that every Sunday night my whole childhood!


(P.S.  I ALSO LEARNED HOW TO TAKE IPAD SCREENSHOTS TODAY!  Go me!)

1 comment:

NanaDiana said...

What fun! NOW- if I ONLY had an ipad! xo Diana