Saturday, June 12, 2010

Consider now the lilies...


I am linking to Words to Live By on Notes from a Cottage Industry.

Luke 12:27 (Amplified Bible)

27Consider the lilies, how they grow. They neither [wearily] toil nor spin nor weave; yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory (his splendor and magnificence) was not arrayed like one of these.


I have always had an affinity for beautiful lilies.. I love them all: ditch orange lilies, Easter lilies, and right now I am loving the exotic ones blooming in our yard. I am told lilies are easiest to grow, so that makes them even more a favorite!

4 comments:

Becky K. said...

I like the lilies too. They aren't ashamed to show off their brilliant colors.

Becky K.

Maggey and Jim said...

Mine are blooming too, I am waiting on the star gazers now but I too love them.Thanks for the scripture to remind me..
Hugs,
Maggey

Julie said...

Love love love that passage!!! It helps me to stay calm in the midst of a storm...

Gayle said...

Hadn't heard them called ditch lilies but I'm thinkin you mean the orange daylilies that grow wild in our area. A friend calls them outhouse lilies which isn't the most romantic name but I bet they brightened up the little building in their day : )