Monday, April 5, 2010

One tired wabbit...

When our lovely family and friends went home last night, I realized I was totally ready to join this fairy princess in deep slumber... I had talked Mom into saving the casseroles and heavy pots and pans for the next day (today), fully believing I'd get up as usual and surprise her with fairy labor through the night. I even set my alarm for 2 a.m.... But the sandman kept me tight to the bed, and I couldn't budge until morning. Alas, she had the whole mess today. And bless her heart, she accomplished it... I helped her a very little bit when I came home from school with the heavy pans to put away. My students were so tired today... I believe it should be a state law to get the day after a holiday as a vacation day!!!
Possibly the only thing that kept me going today was a huge extra-large diet coke with extra ice.... caffeine must be required for teachers because I saw a steady stream of coffee cups as I walked in this morning... I love, love, love coffee, but I have to have an icy diet coke first..... It's a refresh thing...
Once again, Paula Deen's Ooey Gooey Butter Cake was the hit of the sweet menu. It is a delicious, moist desert, and I loved making it the day before. Recipe is sooo easy.

Crust: one strawberry cake mix, one stick butter melted, one egg. Mix those three together and pat into a 9 x 13 pan. Topping: one stick melted butter, one package cream cheese, softened; 4 cups powdered sugar, one tsp. vanilla, 3 eggs, 2 c. sliced fresh strawberries. Mix all together and spread over crust. Bake at 350 for one half hour. Frost with whipped cream and fresh berries... So moist, almost like a strawberry cheesecake... Ohhhh, it was delish! I like the edges a bit overbaked because they get chewier, but it is prettier if you don't get it so brown....
What a perfect day! I hope you are all back on the path after a beautiful Easter!

1 comment:

Maggey and Jim said...

The gooey butter sounds really good , must try it soon. Thanks,Maggey